Hover the image on computers. Click the image on mobile devices.
Click the image again (not on the text).
When clicking on the displayed text, a new window will open with a search for the latin name on DuckDuckGo.
When I'm walking around the mountains, I'm taken macros of nearly every flower I can see. Back at home, I find out what it is and publish it to the web.
Latin, French, German and Italian. For the English names, please refer to the Wiki pages that are linked to the pictures.
- Sort by name: sort by Latin names.
- Sort by color: sort by flowers color.
- Mobile version: sort by flowers color, without hover effect to allow viewing the names under mobile devices.
Nothing else than a better text editor to write the code and a simple picture editor to resize these images (Preview).
The first version was "just for fun" to learn some new CSS commands. After several comments about enhancements, I changed the concept and made a fully usable page.
It has been tested under:
- Android 2.3.5
- Mac OS X 10.7.5: Chrome 27.0, Firefox 21.0, Safari 6.0.5
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter: Firefox 15.0.1/17.0.1, Internet Explorer 9.0
Best view is on Firefox running under Mac OS X.
It always takes time to download more than 250 pictures...